Monday 31 January 2011

For lack of a better title, introduction.

Welcome to my blog. This is my third attempt a blog, the previous two have been okay, they lasted for a few weeks before I got bored and gave up. The difference here is, this blog isn't to become famous or to attempt to be funny or to draw funny pictures for the masses. This is place to share what I do with anyone who may be interested, and that's just what I intend to do. I might write about my day or things that make me think or I find interesting. I might post something that I write that I'm proud of or something that I read that is brilliant/brilliantly crap. I might draw you a pretty picture, I most probably will draw you pictures, but they won't be the sort that I spend five hours on otherwise I'll end up getting burnt out at this blog as well, and I really don't want that.

I thought, for my first post that it might be nice if you got to know me a little, so I'm going to give you some information about myself, not enough that I might be tracked down and raped by some middle-aged, mouth-breathing stranger, but enough so that you have a general idea of who I am and what I'm like as a person.

First thing's first, my name is Louie Neale. I am currently, as of this post, 15 and single. My birthday is on the 3rd of December, so feel free to drop me a card.

I hang out with a mixed gender group of friends, none of us really fit into any stereo-types and we all get along and have one major thing in common, we're 'totally normal':


In my defence, I was very drunk.


Biology quickly became boring, so we set about trying to strategically highlight my face so that the teachers wouldn't see but everyone else would think I'm a massive knob.


Bowling, this one was over two years ago.


Just casually lying on a stump, y'know, as you do.


We got into height order and everything, then Evie (far right) spoilt everything!


Our brilliant fire.


Andrew Bilbie's 'Fuck Yeah' face.


I like to gamble, but I'm not very good. We were playing cheat and I think somehow my facial expressions were giving us away.


Not my proudest moment, I wish I could say I was drunk.


In my defence, this was before I started working out.


This one's fairly self-explanatory.


Coz I'm a massive pimp.


Just a normal couple of friends.


This time it was Josie's turn to be a pimp.


Many children were scared on that day.


Ruthie lost a bet and had to make and present me with a sandwich.


Give us Brits half a centimetre of snow and we'll whip out the sledge and nearly kill ourselves. (I'm not the one doing an epic backwards roll.)


A near lethal dose of junk-food, it was for other people who happen to be out of shot in this photo, I swear.


The gang, plus some random kid that decided to come and photo bomb us and look aroused. (Second from the left, front row.) 


The guys.


A few years ago we got invited out to a girl's family Wing Wah party, we haven't been invited back since, I wonder why?


Anyway, enough about my friends.
I have a few hobbies, I'm in the Explorers (which is the senior version of Scouts) and get my jollys from erecting tents and hiking with them, there's so many misconceptions about Scouts and other such organisations. I don't know what happens in other groups but I've never experimented in a tent or been butt-raped by a leader. But I do get to wear a fruity uniform:


I'm on a boat.


I seem to be grinning like this in all of these, that's a mixture of starvation, sun-stroke and sleep deprivation.


A group photo, and if you were wondering the guy on the far left (the one with the silly hat) has a tardis in his bag, because he's cool like that.


This was a genuinely happy moment, after camp food this pizza was the highlight of my week.


I like to game, my favourites are normally shooters, action-games and RPGs, although I will play outside of my preferred genres if the game is good enough, take FlatOut - the racing game for example. My favourite ever games have to be the Halo series and Fallout. I used to play World of Warcraft but I realised that it was devouring huge chunks of my life so I cancelled my subscription and set out to do other things.

I like to draw, but only at my own pace, I usually spend weeks working on something that turns out to be awful and rot in the dark corner of my hard-drive with all my other aborted stories and art-works. This is one of the reasons that I quit my other blog because there was too much pressure to churn out drawing after drawing after drawing after, well, you get the idea. Here's one I did earlier:

It's a rather stoned looking tortoise, in case you were wondering. Don't expect this kind of quality from me often because things will generally end up looking like this.




I work out, but not because I'm some kind of super buff gym fanatic who loves his body and likes to give ladies rides on his bulging biceps but because it helps me keep fit, clear my mind and a little bit of definition never hurt anyone.

I like to write, I consider myself a bit of an amateur writer, even though most of what I write is awful and then gets given up. I'm currently working on my first full book-sized story which I hope to complete by the end of this year.

I also like to listen to music, mainly when I write, draw and work-out. I like a large variation of music, some rock, indie, metal, pop, rap, alternative, dance and trance. I like to keep an open mind, but there are some things I don't like. My favourite bands (as of this post, they are ever changing) have to be: Pendulum, Prodigy,  Freestylers, Serj Tankian, System of a Down, Eminen and Bowling for Soup.

I'm a listener, but only if I care about you. I'll still smile and nod if I don't but I'll never really put myself out to help you. If I think you're a knob, I'll generally make it quite clear - unless you're big enough to crush me into a fine powder, that is. 
My pet peeve is people who don't capitalize, although occasionally I do it myself when writing in a tired daze and then end up looking like a giant hypocrite. 
I have no idea what I want to do when I leave school or what direction I wish to take my life, but I do know that I'd sure love to leave England.

Well, I hope you feel like you know me slightly better after this post and that you'll keep checking back to see if I can enlighten, amuse or inspire you.







1 comment: